Hey everybody, Christopher here. I’m creating this page as a way to let you all in on my development process. I have pretty high hopes for the Sounds Like An Earful Music Supply, but it’s going to take a little while to get there. So, if you’re interested in being a part of this community, here’s a brief rundown of how we get to where we’re going…
My main goal for Phase 1 of the music supply is simply to get a plethora of material uploaded and available for purchase/download and begin to grow a community of users. Here are a few goals that will mark the success of Phase 1…
- A minimum of 25 ‘Pay What You Can’ tracks available for download
- A minimum of 25 ‘music kits’ available for purchase & download (Currently 14/25)
- A minimum of 25 ‘singles’ available for purchase & download.
- Easier browsing of download categories/genres/moods/instruments(Done! Woo!)
- Integrate an audio player over all ‘thumbnails’ for easier browsing of music (Thanks for this feedback @podheadrod)
- A minimum of 250 downloads to help fund Phase 2 milestones.
My main goal for Phase 2 of the music supply is to expand some of the design of this website and continue to develop new material. Here are a few goals that will mark the success of Phase 2…
- A new ‘Supersearch’ dynamic filtering page that will allow users to ‘drill down’ to find the music they are looking for. E.G. a single interface where someone could choose to see only music that is tagged in the ‘rock’ genre, but also with an ‘uplifting’ mood tag, and featuring ‘banjo’ & ‘keyboard’ instrument tags. (Currently Beta testing)
- A minimum of 150 unique products available for purchase & download (Currently ~75)
- Incentives (e.g. discount codes) for regular buyers
- Integration of a detailed ‘custom order’ form allowing anyone with specific needs to order a quote on a custom composition
- A minimum of 1000 downloads to help fund Phase 3 milestones.
My main goal for Phase 3 of the music supply is to really focus on community members and regulars of the site. Here are a few goals that will mark the success of Phase 3…
- Introduction of an “All Access” subscription that allows community members to subscribe monthly and receive access to the entire library of music rather than having to pay for each piece of music they want to use.
- A minimum of 250 unique products available for purchase & download
- ‘Wishlists‘ for regular visitors. Allowing community members to ‘favourite’ a track for later even if they aren’t looking to purchase now
- Integration of the Stripe payment gateway to make checking out easier for everybody
Phase 4 (Est. 2019)
Looking forward into 2019, Phase 4 of the music supply will improve site speed, community member features, and more…
- Overhaul of site design to improve site speed & user interface
- Launch of “Members Area” to allow community members to vote on what new music gets produced, share their projects, etc.