Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be an active Patron to access the entire library of music?
Yup, you do. Since we went Patreon-funded, I decided to give those who support the music supply access to an extended library of music. This website is now inherently linked with Patreon, so you will need to have an active account and be an active patron to access the full library.
With that said, I’m more interested in this site being a community of creators than I am in squeezing pennies out of you – so I want you to be completely satisfied with spending your hard earned cash. If you have special circumstances that prohibitively restrict your budget, get in touch with me.
What is a ‘music kit’?
- Singles – These, unlike kits, are just a single piece of music without all the extras included.
- Music Kits – Packages of multiple audio files that include not only original music, but short ‘stings’, loopable clips, etc. to make your editing life reeeeeally easy.
What equipment is used in the S.L.A.E. studio?
- DAW: Ableton Live
- Software PLugins: Too many to list. Lots from WAVES, lots from Native Instruments, EzDrummer, ProjectSam, etc.
- Ableton Push
- M-Audio Axiom 61
- MOTU Track 16
- Yorkville YSM5 Studio Monitors
- Mics: SM57, SM58, Audio-Technica condensors, who even knows what others anymore…
- Almost all of my acoustic instruments are off-brand beaters, I’m not a fan of delicate instruments. 🙂